News & Announcements
Sep. 18th, 2020
Another year gone by, and I could easily forget this one, as I’m sure we all could (and it’s only September!). Hopefully everyone is staying safe…the optimist in me knows better days are ahead.
Some news all around:
1. The new AutoCAD 2021 textbook (the 12th edition!) is out, and Robert and I signed a contract for the 2022 book already (yeah, a bit early, maybe it was a slow week at Elsevier lol.
2. This will be the last edition I will participate in any way on (and only for the 3D chapters). After 2022, its all Robert’s book! My name will still be on the cover, but its just for show.
3. I will be however producing a no kidding set of AutoCAD instructional videos on a dedicated YouTube channel by end of this year. I will announce it when things get rolling. It won’t just be a few, but hundreds (eventually).
4. My attention is focused on my financial/investment advisement business and my Air Force job, hence the exit from the AutoCAD world (well, except for the videos – and that’s just because I’m obsessed with YouTube and the potential for passive income).
5. Finally, a long overdue ‘thank you’ to WordPress Web Wizard (“WWW”, full pun intended) Joe Chellman of Shoofly Design (ShooflyDesign.org). If you need any type of website design, or site problem resolution, get in touch with him, he’s among the best in the business, and a kick-ass drummer and all-around nice guy as well.
Oct. 6th, 2019
Its been a long time with no news posted, but that doesn’t mean there
weren’t any. My son Andrew was born in March, so again I am thankful to
my co-author Robert in taking over the textbook project, because there was
no way I could have found the time to finish the 2020 edition…its been
C.R.A.Z.Y. Speaking of the new textbook, “Up and Running with AutoCAD
2020”, the 11th edition (!), came out in July (somewhat earlier than usual),
and from what I hear is selling well. Meeting with Elsevier in Cambridge, MA
in a few weeks to see where we go from here. It’s no secret among family and friends that after 25 years, I am looking to exit the AutoCAD world to focus on other projects.
Jan. 1st, 2019
Happy New Year to all! It is going to be a busy 2019…
Dec. 23rd, 2018
The redesigned site is fully live and configured. Happy Holidays to all! Big plans for 2019, including video tutorials and a YouTube AutoCAD channel.
Sept. 14th, 2018
The redesigned site is fully live and configured (with the exception of the Q&A discussion boards – coming soon though!). Textbook news: “Up and Running with AutoCAD 2019” is published and on sale as of late August. Pick up your copy today!
Mar. 10th, 2018
The old site (www.vtcdesign.com) was taken offline as the domain was about to expire and the new site is now at 90% completion with all major content except Discussion Boards up and running. Home pages for all sub-categories will be completed in the coming few weeks and the site will go 100% live at some point in April. Textbook news: The contract for “Up and Running with AutoCAD 2019” has been signed and the initial work on the manuscript has begun. Expect a publication date in late July or early August. More info to come later.
Dec. 3rd, 2017
The site reaches 50% completion/functionality. Additional planned sections to include a discussion board and articles. Contact page has a functional contact form, but a placeholder email address and phone number. In the unlikely event someone stumbles onto this still un-advertised (or noticed by Google) site, use the contact form or just head over to the old site for now (www.vtcdesign.com).
Nov. 5th, 2017
The site goes live with 25% of pages completed. Planned sections to include book sales and access to 3D chapters and exercises, as per agreement with Elsevier. Full core business information (corporate and classroom training) ported from old site. Staffing services added for development in 2018.
Oct. 1st, 2017
The domain “VerticalTechTraining.com” is registered, a new host and a new theme (SiteGround and Modernize, respectively) are selected, and work commences on creating the new site. Old site (www.vtcdesign.com) is still maintained for the time being.
Sept. 1st, 2017
A week after the release of the 2018 “Up and Running” textbook, a final decision is made to rename the company to Vertical Technologies Education & Training (from Vertical Technologies Consulting & Design), and to also completely redesign and expand the website from an HTML-based to a WordPress-based platform.