Careers with Vertical Technologies
We are always on the lookout for AutoCAD professionals to partner up with! While only the three principals of the company are
found on the Staff page, there are a number of AutoCAD instructors that freelance with us around the country on a part-time basis.
We recruit ‘as-needed’ for the following core positions:
- Freelance AutoCAD instructors for short corporate “boot-camp” training assignments.
When one of our principal instructors is unavailable we reach out to our network of experienced teachers to step in and conduct the training class for a premium rate. This position is primarily for our Los Angeles and New York City operations.
- Freelance AutoCAD instructors for longer “classroom” teaching assignments.
This work involves teaching our longer-term (8 week) classes to the general public and professionals, and is only for our Los Angeles operations. This service is still being developed, and several instructors may be needed at some point.
REQUIREMENTS for all AutoCAD teaching positions:
- At least 12-15 years experience using AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT, 2D and 3D.
- Familiarity with all versions of AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT going back to at least AutoCAD 2005, and preferably 2002.
- Knowledge of basic principles of Architecture and Interior Design OR Engineering (mechanical, civil, electrical)
- At least 5-7 years of documented teaching experience at corporate, college or IT school level.
- Experience with AutoCAD for the Mac and Revit a plus.
- All-around computer knowledge a plus: (Hardware/PCs, Networks, Graphic Apps, Web Design, Programming, etc.)
- Formal education up to Associate Degree (A.S.) required, Bachelors Degree (B.S.) preferred.
- AutoCAD Certifications a plus, but not required, and will not be considered in lieu of experience.
-Compensation: $35-$45/hr, depending on experience level and negotiated contract with client.-
All teaching positions are part-time and on a 1099 contractor basis only, with no benefits available.
Note that we cannot sponsor a visa and will consider only residents of the United States.
For consideration, please send your resume (as a Word or PDF attachment ONLY) directly to Vertical Technologies president
Elliot Gindis (Elliot.Gindis@gmail.com). We can only contact you back if a position is open and your qualifications match the position,
however all qualified individual’s resumes will be on file for future opportunities.