The “Up and Running with AutoCAD” Educational Textbooks
Geared toward two- and four-year technical college programs as well as engineering schools, the acclaimed “Up and Running” series of AutoCAD textbooks by Vertical Technologies president and lead instructor Elliot J. Gindis, are now in their eleventh edition. Adopted by dozens of colleges and universities around the United States, Canada and overseas, the series has enjoyed success for nearly a decade, with the books’ straightforward teaching method proving popular with instructors and students alike.
Key features of every edition:
- Strips away complexities and reduces learning AutoCAD to easy-to-understand concepts.
- Teaches the essentials of AutoCAD first, immediately building student confidence.
- All basic commands documented step-by-step: What the student inputs and how AutoCAD responds is spelled out in discrete and clear steps with numerous screen shots.
- Extensive supporting graphics and a summary with a self-test section and topic-specific drawing exercises at the end of each chapter.
- Fully covers all essential and advanced features of 2D and 3D* AutoCAD (*2010 textbook is 2D only, 2018 textbook has 3D chapters available online).
To request promotional material, a sample chapter, or an evaluation copy, contact the author directly via the Contact page of this site. To take a closer look at each textbook, or to make a purchase, click on their respective titles below, or use the drop-down menus above.